I thought this article had some great, easy tips for Brides to help you be prepared on your Wedding Day.
Check it out! Let us know what you think by making a comment below!
10 Essentials For Brides at Their Wedding – Tips to Keep You Looking Your Best
By Cherie Johnson
It’s the day of your wedding, and the tips and advice you received from your mother, friends, and loved ones have paid off and you look and feel beautiful. Time has been spent arranging your hair just so, making up your face perfectly, and getting you ready for your big day. Many times, however, brides just consider the big picture – and often forget how uncomfortable they may be during the ceremony or reception in a hot, heavy dress with four-inch heels. It’s a bad scenario, but it happens. To keep you up, dancing, and mingling with your guests, here are a few of the most essential bride must-haves for your wedding day. With a little forethought and a carefully packed cocktail bag, you can be prepared for whatever the day has in store with these wedding tips!
The Top 10 Bride Must-Haves
1. Comfortable shoes: One of the most essential bride must-haves is comfortable shoes. Imagine having to dance and walk around in those four-inch heels for a few hours. Sounds painful, doesn’t it? Not buying comfortable shoes is the reason that many brides switch to flip-flops during the reception. Though a quick wardrobe change is one option, consider testing out the shoes you buy well in advance. One of the more routine wedding tips that experts suggest is to walk around your home to break the shoes in and ensure you don’t get any annoying blisters in the process. After all, squinting and wincing in your pictures will not be pretty. And if you’re insistent on those pretty, but painful four-inch heels, bring along another pair of more comfortable shoes for the after party – some simple flats will do the trick!
2. Breathable gown: Much like your shoes, one of the best bride must-haves is a wedding dress that moves with you. A constricting dress will make you cringe as much as those shoes do, and tugging and jerking the fabric will damage it, not to mention alert everyone to the fact that you’re extremely uncomfortable. Try your dress on beforehand. When trying it on at the shop, if it feels too tight, then your wedding day will be no different. Move around and get a feel for the dress to ensure that you are at ease on your big day.
3. Waterproof mascara: Oh, there will be lots of tears shed – by you, your mother, your close friends, and family. But, you’ll be heartbroken when you see your mascara making bee lines all over your face. One of my favorite wedding tips is to wear waterproof mascara to combat the ‘raccoon look.’ Wearing waterproof mascara on your wedding day will keep your makeup looking fresh, and you’ll rest assured that you have no smudges to worry about.
4. Long-lasting lipstick: From eating to kissing, your lipstick has many opportunities to fade or smear away. Before deciding on one brand or color, try it out for a while. Wear it while doing all the things you normally do to see if it has the possibility of fading, smudging, or smearing. And make sure you pack the tube of lipstick in your ‘bride must-haves’ bag!
5. Durable antiperspirant: Whether your dress is sleeveless or not, antiperspirant that stands the test of time is an absolute necessity. You want to stay clean, fresh, and sweet-smelling throughout the ceremony and reception, and one of the many wedding tips that experts suggest is to use long-lasting antiperspirant. The only way to guarantee this, of course, is with durable and/or prescription strength deodorant/antiperspirant. This extra layer of protection will give you more confidence in whatever you’re doing.
6. Small compact mirror: Throughout the ceremony and reception, you’ll be relieved that you had your little compact mirror on hand. Tucked away in a small cocktail purse with your other bride must-haves, it’s just a little bit of added confidence. You can quickly check for makeup smudges and reapply as needed or see if any food particles have become lodged in visible places.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE…
Let us know what you think – do you have any other helpful tips that have not been mentioned here?
Please help out all Brides by sharing your ideas with us!
(I don’t know Cherie, nor do I know anything about her Favors company…)